Village Of El Portal Qualifying will be opening from
Monday, August 8, 2022 at noon through noon Monday, August 15, 2022
To become a candidate please contact the office of the village clerk to make an appointment during the qualifying period. firstname.lastname@example.org
VILLAGE OF EL PORTAL ELECTION 2022
When: Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Polls Open: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
Where: Village Hall 500 NE 87th Street
Important Election Information and Links
- Register to vote – Tuesday, October 11, 2022 is the last day to register to vote to participate in the General Election or change Party Affiliation.
- Candidate & Campaign Treasurer Handbook
- Vote by Mail (LAST DAY TO REQUEST A VOTE BY MAIL BALLOT: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2022)
- Online at: http://www.miamidade.gov/elections/voter-information.asp
- By Email to email@example.com
- By Telephone 305.499.8444
- Additional information on absentee ballots is available online at: http://www.miamidade.gov/elections/vote-by-mail.asp#0
- Early Voting, Monday, October 24- Sunday, November 6, 2022, Hours of Operation: 7 am-7 pm, 30 Sites throughout the County
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository for Candidates– DS-DE 9
- Campaign Treasurer’s Report DS-DE 12
- Campaign Treasurer’s Report- Itemized Contributions– DS-DE 13
- Campaign Treasurer’s Report- Itemized Expenditures DS-DE 14
- Candidate Oath- DS-DE 302NP
- Statement of Candidate-DS-DE84
- Waiver of Report
- Paid Campaign Workers Participant in Absentee Ballot Activities Summary
- Poll Watchers Designation
- Statement of Financial Interest
- Florida Commission on Ethics( A Guide to the Sunshine Amendment and Code of Ethics)
- Candidate & Campaign Treasurer Handbook
- The Florida Election Code (August, 2019)
Candidate Qualifying Period
- Monday, August 8th, 2022 and will close on Monday, August 15, 2022, from 12:00 p.m. through 12:00 p.m. sharp.
- Qualifying Fee $31
- Residency – Only electors of the Village who have resided continuously in the Village for at least six (6) months preceding the date of the election shall be eligible to hold the office of Councilperson (including Mayor).
- Download Candidate Information Package
Seats up for Election:
The purpose of the upcoming election will be to fill five (5) Seats Mayor/Councilpersons:
BECOME A CANDIDATE
To become a candidate, the following documents must be filed with the Village of El Portal Village Clerk PRIOR to opening a campaign account, receiving contributions, or making any expenditures:
- DS-DE 9 Appointment of Campaign Treasurer and Designation of Campaign Depository for Candidates
- Must be filed prior to opening the campaign account and prior to accepting contributions or making expenditures on the person’s behalf.
- A candidate may be his / her campaign treasurer or deputy treasurer.
- Your campaign depository must be a bank, savings and loan association or credit union authorized to do business in the State of Florida. The campaign account must be separate from any personal or business accounts.
- All monetary contributions must be deposited in the campaign account within five (5) business days of receipt.
- Only the campaign treasurer or the deputy campaign treasurer may sign campaign expenditure checks.
- DS-DE 84 Statement of Candidate
- Must be filed within 10 days of filing of DS-DE 9. This form states that the candidate has been provided access to read and understand the requirements of Chapter 106, F.S., The Election Laws of the State of Florida.
Kindly schedule an appointment with the Village Clerk by calling 305-795-7880 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. AFTER filing the appropriate paperwork with the Village Clerk, candidates may then open a campaign account and begin to accept contributions and make expenditures.
With Whom Do I File and Where:
All documents relating to the Municipal election process are filled with the Village of El Portal’s Supervisor of Elections and Filing Officer, Yenise Jacobi, Village Clerk, Village Hall, 500 NE 87th Street, El Portal, FL 33183
REGISTERING TO VOTE
Please see the information provided by Miami-Dade County on registering to vote (www.miamidade.gov/elections) or call the Miami-Dade County Elections Department at 305.499.VOTE.
Voter Registration Application
If you have any questions, or would like more information regarding the Village’s municipal election and becoming a candidate, please contact the Village Clerk, at email@example.com