Interim Village Clerk Carolina Montealegre
The Mission of the Village Clerk is to serve as the secretary to the Mayor and Village Council while providing information in a professional and efficient manner to ensure service delivery to the residents of the Village.
The Village Clerk is appointed by Village Council and is responsible to Councilpersons as well as the citizens of the Village. The Village Clerk serves in the following capacities:
- *Records Management Liaison – research to obtain cost-effective ways to maintain records in a process that would allow easy access.
- *Public Records Requests
- *Financial Disclosure Coordinator for the Florida Commission on Ethics
- *Council Meetings – maintain the recording of all ordinances and resolutions adopted by the village council. Transcribes and distributes all committee and council meeting minutes
- *Website administrator – Items such as agendas, minutes, events and any important information affecting all who do business with the Village El Portal are added to the website
- *Municipal Supervisor of Elections*
- Candidate Qualifying Info & Forms 2012
-PLEASE NOTE THAT 2012 QUALIFYING DATES HAVE CHANGED: July 16 – July 27, 2012-
ALL seats are up for election. Please make sure you have indicated the correct seat number on your documents. The following is a list of council seats (and candidates):
# Daisy M. Black – Qualified
# Joyce A. Davis – Qualified
# Teresa L. Sanchez – Qualified
- Seat 1
#Adam Woolson Old – Qualified
- Seat 2
#Claudia V. Cubillos – Qualified
- Seat 3
# Omarr C. Nickerson – Qualified
- Seat 4
# Linda Marcus – Qualified
To ensure all information for Committees and Council meetings are copied and ready in a timely manner, deadlines to add information to the Regular Council meeting will be the Wednesday before the monthly meeting.
Villagers may pickup a copy of the Agenda on Mondays prior to Council meetings.
Increase voter registration
The Village Clerk will coordinate a voter’s registration drive with the assistance of the Miami-Dade County Elections Outreach and Training Division. The Goal will be to increase voters’ registration for the Village of El Portal by three percent each year.
The Village Clerk will coordinate training with the Ethics Commission every two years after each election (first week in December). The Ethics Training will be conducted at the Village Hall.
For any questions please feel free to contact me at (305) 795-7880, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org